I am so excited to have Madeline Arndt as a guest artist, here on stencillove.com. She turned this beautiful but plain felt bag into a stylish tote. Visit http://madelinesthoughts.blogspot.com to see more of her designs.
By Madeline Arednt
- Rebekah Meier Mixed Media Medium by Therm O Web
- Rebekah Meier Mixed Media Transfer Foil, Copper Penny by Therm O Web
- Rebekah Meier stencil by The Crafter’s Workshop, TCW765 Flower Grid
- The Crafter’s Workshop Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste
- Tim Holtz Mini Ink Blending Tool – 1″ Round
- Acrylic paint, Red Oxide
- Felt bag
- Palette knife
- Stencil spray, (optional)
- Spray the wrong side of stencil with stencil spray.
- Position stencil, adhesive side down onto felt bag. Gently press with hands.
- Using a palette knife, apply one coat of modeling paste through stencil. Use motion like applying frosting to a cake. Remove stencil, and let dry.
- Reapply stencil. Sponge red oxide through stencil. Let dry.